Sunday 10 July 2011

REVIEW - The Body Shop Illuminating Face Base

Hi Guys!
So I recently purchased The Body Shop Illuminating Face Base, I needed a primer and in the recent body shop sale I spotted this for half price...Bargain! My shade is 01 apricot glow.


To start it comes in a long tube with a twist-able top and a brush attached. When you twist the product comes out and is a apricot colour (surprise!), it does however blend out when you rub it in to leave just a slightly tinted colour on the face. It also smells quite nice!



When you apply it, its very blendable and only requires a small amount to cover the face. Now I have normal to dry skin and I found that it gave my skin a (very) slight greasy feel; so how suitable this product would be for those with oily skin I don't know. 




In terms of the product as a face base I really enjoyed it. It helped my foundation to blend easier, and because of the slight tint on the base I found that I needed a little less coverage from my foundation. It gave my skin a dewy glow, which remained after I applied my foundation. I can't say that it made my make up stay on any longer than normal, I didn't notice any difference in staying power (good or bad!).


Overall I found it is a really nice product which I really enjoy using. It definitely improves the look of my makeup and I would  recommend it!


Peace and Love!
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment