Wednesday 13 July 2011

Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara - Review!

Hey Everyone!
This is a review on the Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara. I purchased the waterproof version a couple of months ago and I am still using it as my favourite mascara! 




I only bought this mascara as a kind of emergency purchase; I was travelling late at night and so I only had Boots to shop from at the airport and I knew I would need a waterproof mascara, so this is what I chose. 
So this mascara claims to instant dramatic volume, 7X volume in just one coat with collagen and a mega brush. I don't think it's quite 7 times volume in one coat but it definitely gives instant drama eyes. The brush looks like this...



The wand is pretty medium size and the brush really is MEGA, like it claims.The formula itself is quite a watery kind, which is nice because it means it doesn't clump easily and is nice to put on your lashes. 




It definitely needs two coats in order to achieve the "Colossal" standard but it definitely gives voluminous results. The only downside is that after a while it does sometimes flake a little. In terms of being waterproof, it passes with flying colours! I purchased this product at a bit of an emotional time and it was absolutely put to the test, but I had no running or smudging at all, I was VERY impressed. 


So all in all I am really happy with this mascara, it delivers on it's promise of extreme volume and really makes my eyes look intense! Definitely my mascara of the moment!


Hope you enjoyed this review!
Peace and Love! X

No comments:

Post a Comment