Sunday 10 July 2011

Bourjois Bio Detox Foundation - Review!

So I recently purchased the Bourjois Bio Detox foundation! This foundation claims to be "Enriched with chlorophyll from plants that brings oxygen and filters pollution, it leaves the skin pure and fresh." It also states that it is an oil free and non pore blocking formulation. I was quite excited to try this foundation as I have previously tried Bourjois foundations and been really happy with the quality, and personally I really enjoyed the idea of an "organic" foundation!






So to start the packaging is a glass bottle with a white plastic pump top; looks really nice and works well and the foundation itself has a really nice fruity scent. (P.S my shade is 52!) I'm afraid however that that is where my praise for this product ends!  Without sounding too dramatic I think this is possibly the worst foundation I have ever tried. It goes on the skin nicely for about one second and almost immediately goes stiff and unblendable. So in order to get coverage all over I found I needed to use more product which resulted in a messy and definitely undesirable look! As well as this the foundation began to crumble if I attempted to blend it or work it in anyway. Needless to say foundation crumbling into your hands is not what anyone wants!




I've tried applying the foundation with my fingers, a foundation brush and a stipple brush. I've tried it with and without primer and with extra moisturizer.....All to no avail! I have not found a way to work with this foundation. The only thing I can suggest is that this product may work better for people with more oily skin, as my skin type is normal to dry. 


In general I was very disappointed with the foundation, especially after spending £11 for it! I would not recommend this foundation but it definitely does not put me off Bourjois products or foundation, as my favourite foundation is also by Bourjois (review coming soon!) 


Hope you enjoyed this review!


Peace and Love!
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment