Wednesday 3 August 2011

Want Long Lasting MakeUp?...

.....Of course you do!


Hey Everyone!
This is going to be a review of the NYC (New York Colour) Smooth Skin loose powder. I bought this product about a year ago maybe, so I've had it for quite a while and without a doubt it is the best product I have ever used in terms of making my make up last. It was the first translucent powder I had purchased and I am still so impressed. I have tried other pressed powders and the E.L.F mist and set spray but they do not compare. (Let me know if you would like a full review of the E.L.F spray!) 


So to start off it looks like this...



It contains 15g of product which is really good considering I payed €3.58 for this and it retails in superdrug for £2.99. I purchased it in the shade Translucent 741and it is also available in Natural Beige. The translucent powder is just a white shade that blends into the skin and becomes "invisible" . NYC states that the product is gives an "ultra sheer soft and natural finish" and I would have to agree! 





I really love it. It gives me such soft skin, to the point where my friends have just stroked my face because it feels so good! I also find it adds a flawless finish to my makeup and gives a nice sheen that really just finishes the look. It doesn't cake and blends really well. I would enjoy using this to set my makeup in general but to top all this off, it makes my makeup last so much longer, and better! It keeps the "flawless" look for longer than anything else I've used and it stands up to the "night out" test! I always judge a product on how well it lasts when I am either travelling or on a night out - both of which are times when I need my makeup to last for hours, without touch up. The NYC Smooth Skin powder has passed both! If I had to find a negative it would be the packaging. I always have spillage incidents and the style of the packaging means that there is a lot of product stored in the top area. 


But overall I am very impressed and would definitely recommend! As long as this is available I will be repurchasing (though I have yet to need to because there's so much in one pack!) 


Hope you all enjoyed this review :)
Karen xx



1 comment:

  1. Glad you posted this. I've been looking for a new translucent powder and at that price you can't go wrong! :) xx

    ReplyDelete