Wednesday 29 February 2012

MUA Professional Matte Foundation Review


Hey Everyone! 
This is going to be a review of the MakeUp Academy Professional Matte Foundation. This is only £4 and my shade is Shade 1 Soft Sand. It looks like this...


So to start the packaging is nice, in usual MUA Pro style, simple and stylish and it's a tube as you can see. Here are some swatches..




I was really impressed with the shade, I always struggle to find foundation that suits my skin tone. I am very yellow- toned, but I'm also quite pale at the minute. This has been a really good match for my skin so I was very happy. I found the consistency a little thicker than other liquid foundations I've tried but workable, though I would say a primer definitely helps with application. It gives pretty full coverage and I'm happy wearing it with just a little concealer (MUA at the minute too, review coming soon!). The one thing I did find with this foundation is that for me it wasn't matte. Obviously foundations are going to work differently with different skin types, but it definitely left a sheen on my skin and I couldn't wear it without setting it with a powder. That aside I was really impressed with the whole foundation, I've tried lots of cheaper foundations and I've always hated them (see previous post! http://thebeautymakeupreview.blogspot.com/2011/07/no2-cheap-things-what-works-and-what.html ). But all of my usual issues with cheap foundation were not a problem with this at all. It is my foundation and I will definitely be re-purchasing when I run out (though its lasted me quite a while because you don't need much for good coverage). 

All in all I think it's pretty amazeballs that I have found a good everyday foundation for £4 and I would absolutely recommend going out and giving it a try!

Hope you enjoyed this post!
Karen :) x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey! It does give quite a natural looking finish, it lasted me about 6 or so hours x

      Delete